Wednesday 18 January 2012

nappy bag - babyroom11

So something else i definitely needed was a nappy change bag to carry about all the baby kit with me when i visit with mamma or friends or whatever. I decided to make a big one as i never know how much rubbish i might need to cart around with me!
I free-motion quilted the bag to an underlining to give it extra stiffness so it will sit upright even when empty. And of course i had to add the camping motif to tie it in to the rest of the baby's stuff!! lol
I lined the bag with this cute flowery Laura Ashley fabric i found in my stash and made a little stiff separator insert thing to split the bag into two inner pockets. I also added a clear PVC pocket on the front to carry around a little notebook to note down time of changes and feeds etc.
The back of the bag has a big flat pocket the full length of the bag..can you see it, half way up the back panel?....i'm making a little change mat to be folded up and slipped in here.
The flap is nice and long and closes with velcro.
I decided to do a bit of free-hand embroidery on the inside of the flap just to add something special to personalise the bag.
It was great fun..i think i need to do a bit more of that kind of craft - i really enjoy rough embroidery.

No comments: