Sunday 5 June 2011

Draping guess

So everyone seems to be doing the cool draping stuff from the japanese books and i thought i'd have a go....although not having the book, i had to kindof make it up based on a couple of those i saw on Burdastyle.

This one is based on Dress #2 from the Drape Drape 2 book. I've seen quite a few people have made it but Burdastyle member Jorth helpfully held it out flat in her blog pics of the finished dress so i could work out how it was made! So, thanks for that!
I'm loving the big pocket that results and can't help walking about with my hand in it.
It looks seriously weird when you cut out the pattern - this big poke out the side! I got this fabric on sale and so used it even though it is only 1-way stretch jersey. It means that it feels a little odd because the grain is a bit off.
I wear it with my freecycle find cowl which i think goes well!

No comments: