Tuesday 21 June 2011

Autumn Acorn Shorts

So i made another version of my no zip sailor style shorts for summer...or autumn given the theme of the material.

This is the second pair of shorts that i’ve made using the Sailor Shorts pattern which is downloadable free on Burdastyle along with full instructions (587 people have downloaded it already - cool huh? Update - now at 856 people!!). The fabric is the same cream curtain lining at £1.50 per metre with stamp embellishment made with a simple hand-carved lino stamp and brown fabric paint.

I knew i wanted to try another shaped pocket that matched the fabric – and when i had made the oak leaf print fabric – an acorn was an obvious choice! I made a little mini felt oak leaf to sew on for extra cuteness.

See, it opens like this...
Do you like the gorgeous buttons?? They are vintage wood-effect resin from the stash of my German grandma!! Pure delight!!

3 comments:

Paula said...

OMG!! These are so cute!!!! You're so talented

liza jane said...

I cannot get over how awesome these are! I saw your other version on burda and loved them. I love the quirkiness of both so much.

Wallpaper Installation Frederick said...

Nice poost