Saturday 19 March 2011

day-glo dunja

so this is another free pattern from the Burdastyle website - the dunja blouse. I think it might have turned out a little bit too clown-like for my liking...don't understand why my frills are so much more pronounced than the ones of the original!
It has a little camisole thing underneath but i abandoned that before finishing it because it was turning out much too fussy for under such sheer material. Luckily i had a sleeveless top in just this colour of yellow (what are the chances??!!) so i'll just wear that under it.
It would probably be a lot nicer in a pale pink or grey, but i'm afraid those colours just don't speak to me when i'm standing in the fabric shop...plus this yellow was on sale - and i do love a bargain!
I'll probably wear it with something very plain to try and tone it down a little, although there's not much of hope of that - there's a hint of the victorian neck ruff about it....but i think i'm ok with that

No comments: