Sunday 26 December 2010

mamma's jj

So another thing my mum asked for was a blouse (she's a big blouse fan...not a big blouse fan...but like a big fan of blouses....i'm going to get myself in trouble here! lol)

She never wears black so i thought for a wee change i'd make her a black JJ blouse (free pattern found here). This material was perfect because it is covered in little white polkadots and has the lovely white embroidery over it so it doesn't look so severe.
The material was quite light and had quite a bit of give in it so it made the little cap sleeves a bit awkward to get right. In the end i got them to be the same (even though the pic below looks a bit funny....Note to self - iron them properly before taking photos!
The back is gathered with ties from the side seams just to give it a bit more detail and flexible shape around the waist.

2 comments:

Mi Pequeño Atelier said...

Hello my dearest friend!
Really I never know which one of your designs like me so much, because all your works are so cute.
But this blouse in black it is precious I think how happy could be your mom with this blouse!!!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND BEHAVE ALL THE BEST IN THE NEW YEAR 2011!!!
Kisses,
CARLA

lyds said...

This is my really lovely new blouse which fits like a glove and is so comfy! I love the material and is just right for summer and winter (as I'm at the hot flush time in my life, Ha Ha!)Thanks Spoon, I love it! M xox